অনার্স – হিসাববিজ্ঞান
আজকের বিষয়: হিসাববিজ্ঞান ২য় বর্ষ ব্যবসায় পরিসংখ্যান
হিসাববিজ্ঞান ২য় বর্ষ ব্যবসায় পরিসংখ্যান
বিষয় কোড : ২২২৫০৯
ক বিভাগ: অতিসংক্ষিপ্ত প্রশ্ন ও উত্তর
1. What is statistics? (পরিসংখ্যান কি?)
Ans. Statistic is the Science of decision making in the field of uncertainty.
2. Who is the father of modern statistics?
Or, Who is the father of modem statistics?
Ans: R.A. Fisher.
3. Define statistical table.
Ans: Statistical table means a way of presenting statistical data through a systematic arrangement of the numbers describing some mass phenomenon or process.
4. What is the origin of the word ‘Statistics’? (পরিসংখ্যান শব্দের উৎপত্তি কোথা থেকে?)
Ans. The origin of the word ‘Statistics is ‘Status’ or ‘Statistic’.
5. What is Business Statistics?
Or, What is meant by business statistics?
Or, Define business statistics.
Ans: Business Statistics is a science assisting us to make decision under uncertainties based on some numerical and measurable scales.
6. Define inclusive method with example.
Ans: If the upper limit of one class is included in that class itself, it is called inclusive method. Example 0-9, 10-19, 20-29.
7. What is data?
Ans: The collection of raw facts and figures from any sets of inquiry for the purpose of. statistical analysis are called data.
8. Define secondary data.
Or, What do you Mean by secondary data?
Ans: When an organization on investigation uses the data that has already been collected and used by other such data are called secondary data.
9. What is statistical data?
Ans. A collection of any number of related observations on one or more variables is called statistical data.
10. What are the kinds of statistics data? (পরিসংখ্যানের উপাত্ত কত প্রকার ও কি কি?)
Ans. There are two kinds of statistics data such as: (i) Internal data; (ii) External data.
11. What are sources of data?
Ans. Data can be collected from three sources : (i) Primary source; (ii) Secondary source; (iii) Internal Source.
12. What is primary data?
Ans: Data that have been collected from the origin of the fields is called primary data.
13. Write the definition of continuous variable with examples.
Ans. A continuous variable is one that can take on any value within given range.
14. Define discrete variable.
Or, What is variable?
Ans: A discrete variable is a variable that can only take on a certain number of values.
15. What is Ogive?
Ans. Ogive is a graph of cumulative frequency distribution.
16. What is stem and leaf diagram?
Ans. Stem and leaf display is a statistical technique to present a set of data.
17. What is Frequency Curve?
Ans. The curve that expresses the frequency of a distribution is called a frequency curve.
18. What is frequency density?
Ans. The ratio of the frequency of a class to the class interval is called frequency density of that class.
19. What is frequency?
Ans: The repeated times of a value of the variable is called frequency of that value.
20. Secondary Data.
Ans. When Statistician uses the data which has already collected by others such data are called Secondary Data.
21. What is Frequency Polygon?
Ans. A frequency polygon expresses distribution of data by means of a single line determined by the midpoints of classes.
22. What is questionnaire?
Ans. A questionnaire is written list of question which are answered by a lot of people in order to provide information to a report a survey.
23. What is Pie Chart?
Ans. A Pie Chart Represents the data in the form of a circle.
24. What is line Diagram?
Ans. Line Diagram is the simplest of all diagram. In these diagram only line is drawn to represent one variable.
25. What is average?
Ans. Average is an attempt to find one single figure to describe whole of figures.
26. What is Arithmetic Mean?
Ans. An Arithmetic Mean is a numerical value obtained by dividing the Sum of values of all the observations by the total number of observations.
27. What do you understand by “Weighted mean”?
Or, Weighted Mean.
Ans: Weighted means is a mean where some values contribute more than others.
28. Write down the uses of Harmonic Mean.
Ans. The harmonic mean is particularly useful for computation of average rates and ratios.
29. If Mean> Median > Mode, what does it indicate?
Ans. Positively skewed distribution.
30. Which measure is the best average?
Ans. Arithmetic mean is the best Average.
31. What is raw data?
Ans: Information before it is arranged or analyzed by statistical methods.
32. What is Equal class interval?
Ans: The distribution in which the width of eachclass is equal is called equal class interval. For example 10-20, 20-30, 30-40 etc.
33. What is Unequal class interval?
Ans: The distribution in which width of each class is not equal is called unequal class interval. For example: 0-100, 100-500, 500 1000, 1000-1200 etc.
34. Write down the strugges rule?
Ans: According to sturgge’s rule the number of classes can be determined by the formula: K=1+3.222 logN
35. What is Exclusive method?
Ans: Under this method, the upper limit of one class-interval is the lower limit of the next class.
36. What is Cumulative Frequency Distribution?
Ans: The upper limit of one class is included in that class itself is knoan as cumulative frequency distribition.
37. Mutually Exclusive Events.
Ans. The events “running forwards” and “running backwords” are mutualy exclusive events.
38. What is Bi variate?
Ans: A frequency table where two variables have been measured in the same set of items through cross classification is known as bi variate frequency distribution.
39. What is stem and leaf display?
Ans. One technique that is used to display quantitative information in a condensed form is the stem and leaf display.
40. What is Bar Diagram?
Ans: Bar diagrams are the most common type of diagrams used in practice. A bar is a thick line whose width is shown merely for attention.
খ বিভাগ: সংক্ষিপ্ত প্রশ্ন
1. When Geometric Mean is Preferred to Arithmetic Mean.
2. What are the requisites of a measure of central tendency?
Or, State the necessary characteristics of a Satisfactory measure of central tendency.
3. Difference between simple and weighted arithmetic mean.
4. Write down the properties of GM.
5. What is statistics?
Or, Definition of statistics?
Or, What do you mean by statistics?
6. Describe the functions of Statistics.
Or, Write down the functions of Statistics.
7. “Statistics is both a science and art.”-Explain.
8. Differentiate between primary data and secondary data.
Or, Show the differences between primary data and secondary data.
9. Discuss the importance of graphical representation of statistical data.
10. Define classification and state four primary rules that should be observed while classifying data.
11. Briefly discuss the limitations of business statistics.
Or, Discuss briefly the various limitations of statistics.
Or, Write down the demerits of statistics.
12. Define the importance of Statistics in business.
Or, Discuss the importance of statistics in business.
Or, Why is statistics required in business?
13. What are the method of collecting primary data?
Or, Write the methods/sources of the collection of Primary data.
Or, How could the Primary data be collected by Email and Personal observation methods?
14. What do you mean by moments?
15. Define central moments and raw moments? Distinguish between them.
Or, Distinctions between central moments and raw moments.
16. Write down the usefulness and characteristics of moments.
Or, Discuss the properties of moments.
17. Define Skewness? Discuss the types Skewness?
18. Show the difference between skewness and kurtosis.
Or, Distinguish between skewness and kurtosis.
19. Write some the features of Skewness.
20. Distinguish between measures of dispersion and skewness.
21. What is Correlation?
Or, Defination of Correlation.
22. Write down the significance of measuring correlation.
23. Discuss the importance or uses or utilities of correlation analysis.
24. What is rank correlation?
Or, Defnition of Rank Correlationi
25. What is regression?
Or, What is the concept of regression?
26. State the use of regression analysis.
Or, Concept of regression analysis.
27. Distinguish between correlation and regression.
28. What is Sampling?
Or, What do you mean by sampling?
29. State the reasons of sample survey.
30. Discuss the causes of sampling distribution.
31. State the differences between Population and Sample.
Or, Distinction between population and sample.
32. Explain Systematic random sampling.
33. What is hypothesis testing?
34. What are the types of hypothesis?
35. Discuss the procedure of testing a hypothesis.
36. Difference between null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
37. Distinction between on tailed test and two tailed test.
38. What are the assumption of T-test?
39. What do you mean by Test of Hypothesis?
40. Describe the various steps involved in testing hypothesis.
Or, What steps are the followed in hypothesis testing?
গ বিভাগ: রচনামূলক প্রশ্ন
1. What do you mean by measures of central tendency? Give a brief description of arithmetic mean and Median. Why is arithmetic Mean is so Popular?
2. What is central Tendency of data?
3. What is weighted arithmetic mean? Write down its importance.
4. What are the essential characteristics of an ideal average? Which measure of central tendency is the best?
5. Show the difference between histogram and historigram.
6. What is Business statistics?
Or, Definition of Business statistics?
7. “Statistics is the main tool for the decision making of business” -Explain.
8. What is Primary and secondary data?
Or, What are the method of collecting primary data?
9. What are the source of the collection of the secondary data?
10. Show the difference between inclusive class interval and Exclusive class interval.
11. How will you Prepare a frequency distribution from raw data?
12. What is frequency?
13. Discuss the different types of correlation.
Or, State the different type of correlation.
14. Discuss the degree of correlation.
15. What are the properties of coefficient of correlation?
16. What is regression Co-efficient?
17. State some of the important Properties of regression Co-efficient.
18. Definition of regression line.
19. Discuss the importance or significance of regression or regression analysis.
20. What are Sampling and non Sampling errors? What are the causes of Sampling error.
21. Discuss the various methods of Sampling.
22. Distinguish between Sampling and non sampling error.
23. Define sampling Discuss various types of random sampling.
24. What is sampling distribution? Distinguish between census survey and sample survey.
25. What is chi-square test?
26. Discuss three application of chi-square test.
27. What do you mean by statistical hypothesis?
28. What are the methods of statistical hypothesis?
29. What is null hypothesis?
30. Discuss the uses of t-test.
31. Explain the condition for the application of it (chi-square) test.
32. Define Measures of Dispersion.
33. What Are the properties of a good measure of Dispersion?
34. Discuss the advantages of Standard decision.
35. Distinguish Between absolute and relative measures of dispersion.
36. Write down the properties of standard deviation.
37.Mention the significance of measuring dispersion.
38 . Why Standard Deviation is considered to be the best measure?39. What is index number? What are the different types of index numbers?
40. Distinguish Between price index and cost of living index.